We want you to develop an app for the Explore the Bruce events feed.
Here's what you need to know
- When? Contest dates: Contest is now closed. Winners to be revealed shortly
- What? Build an application designed to enhance Explore the Bruce Events feed. Here is a link to that feed: Event Feed
There is also an enhanced feed that includes map information and images. Find that feed here.
- There is now an JSON feed you can use as well
- Why? Why not? Also you can win prizes, see below.
- What else? No purchase necessary
- Submit an entry here: Contest Submissions
Here's what you win ($1000 Winter Getaway package)
- 5 night stay in a Yurt (Sunday - Thursday) at Macgregor Provincial Park
- Snowshoe and Cross Country Ski rentals from Thorncrest Outfitters
- Gift Certificate to a local butcher, Southampton Meat Market
- Gift Certificate to a local food restaurant, Bruce Steakhouse
Some things to think about
As long as the app incorporates our events feed or the other events feed we want you to feel unrestrained. In other words we're not telling you what to do, however here are few things we'd like to point out:
- We have a list of "premiere" events that could be featured somehow. Here's a list of those events.
- Letting users submit events (that send an email notification to tourism staff) would be cool
- It's always nice to be able to search for things
- We love images (and maps)
- We do have a style guide. Again we're not telling you what to do but take a look here: style guide
- You could also incorporate these graphics or these graphics into things if you wanted
- Here are some fonts that may be of use
- We also have seasonal campaigns that could be linked to. You can find our campaigns here, here, and also here.
More reasons to do it
- Exposure for your development skills
- Help citiizens find things to do
- Come see, enjoy, and explore beautiful Bruce County
- You get to stay in a yurt
Questions? Contact the Web Specialist at; email@example.com, telephone at 519-881-2952 ext. 230 or by mail at P.O. box 70, 30 Park Street, Walkerton, Ontario N0G 2V0.
Contest is now closed