11 Local Food Experiences in Bruce County
Craving fresh produce? Craft beer? Artisan cheese? Come to Bruce County!
- Stroll through seasonal Farmers' Markets in Lion’s Head (Saturdays 9-12), Wiarton (Fridays 10-2), Port Elgin (Wednesdays 9-3), Paisley (Saturdays 9-1), and Kincardine (Saturdays 9-12).
- Sample craft beer at Outlaw Brewing Company in Southampton or Tobermory Brewing Company.
- Taste award-winning cider and wine at Hoity Toity Cellars, south of Walkerton.
- Squeak cheese curds between your teeth at Pine River Cheese, south of Kincardine.
- Sample local cheeses, including their specialty 14-year-old cheddar, at Mildmay Cheese Haus.
- Harvest your own crop and experience what farm fresh really tastes like at Bruce Botanical Food Gardens in Ripley.
- Buy produce at a live auction! Bruce-Huron Produce Auction takes place in Holyrood every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 3pm from June – October.
- Pick your own apples, explore the corn maze, take a hay wagon ride, and shop for freshly baked pies at Smiths’ Apples and Farm Market, Port Elgin.
- Shop for seasonal berries and produce from the surrounding fields at Hi-Berry Farm, Port Elgin.
- Find delicious strawberries, sweet cherries, raspberries, yellow plums, pie-cherries, apples, pears, apple juice and apple butter at Keyzer’s Fruit Farm, southwest of Paisley.
- Treat your skin and belly to sea buckthorn berries, juice, jams, condiments, and skin care products, at Sea Buckthorn Golden Orchard, south of Teeswater.