Farmer’s Markets, breweries, fruit and vegetable stands, pick-your-own, local cheeses, and our famous beef; Bruce County brings you closer to what you eat.
Bruce County’s Top Local Food Experiences:
- Stroll through seasonal Farmer’s Markets in Lion’s Head (Saturdays 9-12), Wiarton (Fridays 10-2), Port Elgin (Wednesdays 9-3), Paisley (Saturdays 9-1), and Kincardine (Saturdays 9-12).
- Try craft beer at Outlaw Brewing Company in Southampton or Tobermory Brewing Company
- Taste award-winning wine and cider at Hoity Toity Cellars, south of Walkerton
- Squeak cheese curds between your teeth at Pine River Cheese (http://www.pinerivercheese.com/), south of Kincardine
- Sample local cheeses, including their specialty 14-year-old cheddar, at Mildmay Cheese Haus
- Harvest your own crop and experience what farm fresh really tastes like at Bruce Botanical Food Gardens in Ripley
- Bruce-Huron Produce Auction is a live auction that takes place in Holyrood every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 3pm from June – October.
- Pick your own apples, explore the corn maze, take a hay wagon ride, and shop for freshly baked pies at Smiths’ Apples and Farm Market, Port Elgin.
- Shop for seasonal berries and produce from the surrounding fields at Hi-Berry Farm, Port Elgin.
- Find delicious strawberries, sweet cherries, raspberries, yellow plums, pie-cherries, apples, pears, apple juice and apple butter at Keyser’s Fruit Farm, southwest of Paisley.
Treat your skin and belly to Sea Buckthorn berries, juice, jams, condiments, and skin care products, at Sea Buckthorn Golden Orchard, south of Teeswater.