13 Events You Can’t Miss This Summer!
1. Kincardine Scottish Festival & Highland Games, Kincardine, July 1 - 3
An outdoor concert, the highland dance competition and the pipe band competition. You will also have the opportunity to learn how to play the fiddle and step dance!
2. Lighthouse Blues Festival, Kincardine, July 8 – 10
This 3-day concert takes place all over the streets of Downtown Kincardine. Over 30 musicians from all over the world will be taking the stage and will get you dancing in your lawn chairs.
3. Lake Huron Children’s Festival, Port Elgin, July 9
Splash’ N Boots will be taking the stage this year at this popular children’s festival. Kids from all over will have the opportunity to meet and take picture with Paw Patrol and the crew from Splash’ N Boots.
4. Bruce Power Beach Party, Port Elgin, July 16
Spiderman, Batman, Elsa and Anna will be making their way to Port Elgin’s Main Beach for the Bruce Power Beach Party. After a full day of swimming, pictures with your favourite superhero, Bruce Power will be present you with a huge fireworks show!
5. Marine Heritage Festival, Southampton, July 22 – 24
This event is known for the gold hunt and the cardboard boat race, all the activities are themed around Southampton’s Marine Heritage
6. Walkerton’s Homecoming, Walkerton, July 28 – August 1
Catch the spirit at Walkerton’s Homecoming. You can roller skate, cheer on the duck in the rubber duck race, or challenge yourself in the adventure challenge!
7. Saugeen First Nation Pow Wow, Saugeen First Nation, August 6 & 7
Join in on the fun and come and cheer on the dancers at the Pow Wow competition at Saugeen First Nation.
8. Sauble Sandfest, Sauble Beach, August 5 – 7
You won’t be seeing your ordinary sand castle here! Professionals sand sculptures travel from all over the world make their way to Sauble Beach to create their own masterpiece. This event is filled with live music, classic car shows and great food. It all takes place at the beach!
9. Subaru Bruce Peninsula Multisport Race, Wiarton, August 13
This is the best multisport race on the Bruce Peninsula. Paddle in Georgian Bay, bike on the Bruce Peninsula and run along the edge of the escarpments. Not a runner? Cheer on the side lines!
10. Busker's Festival, Walkerton, August 13
Animal Kingdom bounce house, life size Connect Four, and even - jousting! The activities and excitement will be taking place in downtown Walkerton.
11. Bruce Heritage Farm Show, Paisley, August 19 - 21
Antique tractors, steam engines, horse demonstrations, tractor pulls, car & truck show, craft show, children’s programs, live entertainment, and great food at this annual event honouring Bruce County’s agricultural roots.
12. Chippewas of Nawash Annual Pow Wow, August 12 – 14
Honoring the veterans of Chippewas of Nawash Annual Pow Wow. Join the locals and gather around to see the local talent.
13. Lucknow’s Music in the Fields, August 25 – 27
Calling all Country Music Fans! This three-day music festival is the best way to end your summer! Camp, Dance and Sing your hearts out!